Al-Qur’an: Surat-ul-Insaan 23-31
أعوذ بالله من الشيطان الرجيم
إِنَّا نَحْنُ نَزَّلْنَا عَلَيْكَ الْقُرْآنَ تَنْزِيلا (٢٣) فَاصْبِرْ لِحُكْمِ رَبِّكَ وَلا تُطِعْ مِنْهُمْ آثِمًا أَوْ كَفُورًا (٢٤) وَاذْكُرِ اسْمَ رَبِّكَ بُكْرَةً وَأَصِيلا (٢٥) وَمِنَ اللَّيْلِ فَاسْجُدْ لَهُ وَسَبِّحْهُ لَيْلا طَوِيلا (٢٦) إِنَّ هَؤُلاءِ يُحِبُّونَ الْعَاجِلَةَ وَيَذَرُونَ وَرَاءَهُمْ يَوْمًا ثَقِيلا (٢٧) نَحْنُ خَلَقْنَاهُمْ وَشَدَدْنَا أَسْرَهُمْ وَإِذَا شِئْنَا بَدَّلْنَا أَمْثَالَهُمْ تَبْدِيلا (٢٨) إِنَّ هَذِهِ تَذْكِرَةٌ فَمَنْ شَاءَ اتَّخَذَ إِلَى رَبِّهِ سَبِيلا (٢٩) وَمَا تَشَاءُونَ إِلا أَنْ يَشَاءَ اللَّهُ إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ عَلِيمًا حَكِيمًا (٣٠) يُدْخِلُ مَنْ يَشَاءُ فِي رَحْمَتِهِ وَالظَّالِمِينَ أَعَدَّ لَهُمْ عَذَابًا أَلِيمًا (٣١)
Interpretation of the meaning
- Verily! it is We who have sent down the Qur’an to you (O Muhammad) by stages.
- Therefore be patient for the decision of your Lord, and obey neither a sinner nor a disbeliever among them.
- and remember the Name of your Lord every morning and evening.
- and part of the night, prostrate yourself to Him, and glorify Him a long night
- Verily! These (disbelievers) love the present life of this world, and put behind them a heavy Day.
- it is We who created them, and we have made them of strong built, and when We will, We can replace them with others like them with a complete replacement.
- Verily! This is an admonition, so whosoever wills, let him take a path to his Lord .
- but you cannot will, unless Allah wills. Verily, Allah is ever All-Knowing, All-Wise.
- He will admit to His Mercy whom He will and as for the wrong-doers He has prepared a painful punishment.
أحوال الطائعين والمتمردين المشركين في الدنيا
THE CONDITIONS OF THE OBEDIENT SERVANTS (OF ALLAH) AND THE DISOBEDIENT PAGANS IN THIS LIFE.
- The Qur’an already existed in its complete form and has been revealed to bayt-ul-izza before the start of gradual revelation to the prophet according to events during his 23 year period as a Messenger of Allah.
- And here, Allah made an explicit indication to the gradual process in the revelation of the Qur’an in order to teach the prophet and his followers an important lesson: significant change in human life is better done gradual than sudden.
- Dr. Wahbatu Zuhaili in his tafseer al-muneer highlighted the following reasons for this divine approach: to keep the prophets heart firm; to ease its memorization, for better awareness and implementation; and to teach Muslims the correct approach to dispose their affairs.
- This gradual approach is the correct approach prescribed for the believers as against the misleading approach of the disbelievers.
وَقَالَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا لَوْلا نُزِّلَ عَلَيْهِ الْقُرْآنُ جُمْلَةً وَاحِدَةً كَذَلِكَ لِنُثَبِّتَ بِهِ فُؤَادَكَ وَرَتَّلْنَاهُ تَرْتِيلا
and those who disbelieve say: “Why is not the Qur’ân revealed to Him All at once?” Thus (it is sent down in parts), that we may strengthen your heart thereby, and we have revealed it to you gradually, in stages.
This is especially important for individual and organizations that propagate the message of Islam today. The message of Islam is only the expanded contents of the Qur’an; it is best propagated when using the method with which it was revealed.
- Unfortunately, most Muslims today are as ignorant of the truth as the people of pre-Islamic period. The prophet patiently explained and defended the truth until the people were brought from darkness of ignorance into the light of guidance. His companions followed his footsteps in Da’wah. It is the responsibility of Muslims today to carry on the Da’wah.
- Allah gave two advices to the prophet (and the Muslims) on how to manage challenges while propagating the truth: patience and steadfastness. We must be patient in order to tolerate the excesses of those who rejected the truth, and must be steadfast not to join them in corruption and disbelief.
- The remembrance of Allah is especially important at start of the two parts of the day: morning and evening. Some adhkar and recitations from the Qur’an is recommended after solat fajr in the early morning and immediately after solat Asr. Muslims that keep to these recommendations will enjoy patience and steadfastness through assurances contained in them; and will be saved from the corruptions and disbelief prevalent in the society.
- The middle of the night is characterized with silence and free from distractions, it is a good time to communicate with Allah in solat and supplications.
- Islam strikes a beautiful balance between the spiritual and the habitual. But precedence is given to the spiritual because of its superior quality and everlasting nature.
- The Qur’an is the word of Allah revealed to His prophet Muhammad through a period of 23 years according to events, in order to ease its recitation, memorization, absorption and implementation.
- The Qur’an is an established truth and a comprehensive constitution for the life of man. The prophet and the believers will take admonition from it and learn to attain assurance, patience, perseverance and steadfastness, then turn away from falsehood.
- A servant needs to always connect with his Lord at all times. Solat is prescribed as the strongest means to achieve this connection; it includes the five daily obligatory solats and other superogatory ones with special emphasis on the one observed in the middle of the night.
- A severe warning to the disbelievers on the repercussion of their negligence and rejection.
- People of paradise will be admitted due to the Mercy of Allah on them, while the people of hell will enter into it due to their negligence and evil actions.
 The detail of everything (including the Qur’an) has been written already in a preserved Book with Allah (known as Al-Lauh Al-Mahfûz).
 Bayt-ul-izza is a house in nearest heaven where 70, 000 angels, once in their lifetime, circumambulate daily and in direct alignment with the Ka’bah in Makkah. The Qur’an was revealed as a whole to it in laylat-ul-Qadr, a night in the last ten days of Ramadan.
 At-tafseer al-muneer vol. 29 pg. 304
 Surat-ul-Furqan 32
 Culled from at-tafseer al-muneer by Dr. Wahbatu Zuhaili